Faisalabad Institute of Cardiology, Faisalabad started functioning on Tuesday 13th November 2007. This institute is tertiary level specialized autonomous institution for cardiac diseases. It consists of 202 beds. This institution is functioning under the provision of Punjab Medical and Health Institute ACT-2003 and rules made their under. It is situated near Chenab Club, Faisalabad. This Institution is providing services to Cardiac patients of District Faisalabad and its adjacent Districts like Sargodha, Toba Tek Singh, Jhang, Chiniot and beyond areas.
The objectives of this institute are:
- To provide the best possible cardiac diagnostic and treatment facilities to the people of Faisalabad and other adjoining areas.
- Improve Cardiac Health care facilities in this region.
- Provide facilities of highly specialized nature.
- Act as a referral center for the central Punjab and adjacent areas.
- Train medical, paramedical personnel and nurses, capacity building in this field.
- Provide research facilities in the field of cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- Become a center of initiating public health awareness programs to prevent cardiac diseases.
- Provide training in all Cardiac specialties to medical graduate.
- Attract patients and research workers for advanced and specialized training and research work.